mandag 16. mai 2011

May 15th

Today I again found some Lappland Longspurs (Lappspurv). The first one, a male, was feeding along the road at Vestpynten. It did not really look upon me as a threat when I was sat in the car, and it happily kept on eating whatever it found in the grass. The second one, a female, was sat outside my livingroom window when I got home from todays birding. The pictures of this one are taken at a fairly short distance, but they are taken through the livingroom window which has not been washed on the outside, and the pictures became a bit "foggy" because of this. Other than these birds there wer lots of Pink-footed Geese (Kortnebbgås) feeding on the bare patches of tundra, and I am hoping that there will soon be a rarity in one of the many flocks. I havent seen the Greylag Goose (Grågås) in some time now, but I hope that maybe the Red-necked Goose (Rødhalsgås) that is currently on the mainland with a flock of Pink-foots, will soon be showing somewhere in Adventdalen.




























Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar