lørdag 7. mai 2011

May 6th

I had an hour of watching today before I picked up my girlfriend from the airport. This resulted in that I refound the pair of Iceland Gulls (Grønlandsmåke) at Hotellneset. After having dropped my girlfriend off at home i went to the garbage dumå to try my luck at the Glaucous Gulls (Polarmåke) again. When I arrived there were only about 30 adult birds there. I rigged the trap and started to wait. There was some movement in and out of the dump by the birds, but when I went to take down the trap again I realized that there had come more gulls than I was aware of. About 80 in total were feeding in the garbage. For the first time there were actually a few young birds around, and not just one or two. All age classes were present and showing well, and even the gull I ringed on the 1st of May was present, fighting valiantly for the best pieces of garbage.


Iceland Gull

Iceland Gull


Iceland Gull


Glaucous Gull 1cy/2k


Glaucous Gull 1cy/2k


Glaucous Gull 2cy/3k


Glaucous Gull 2cy/3k


Glaucous Gull 2cy/3k (behind) and 3cy/4k


Glaucous Gull 3cy/4k


Glaucous Gull 3cy/4k (left) and 2cy/3k



Galucous Gull 4cy+/5k+, JX001, ringed 01.may 2011



Snow Bunting male


Snow Bunting male


Snow Bunting male

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar