onsdag 25. mai 2011

May 22nd

Another day with nice birds, although without any of the big surprises. The most exclusive today by Svalbard-standard was the pair of Greylag Goose (Grågås) that has been here for some time. I managed to find my first Long-tailed Ducks (Havelle) of the year. Both were in breeding plumage, dark chocolate with honney-stripes, and vanilla ice-cream underneath. At least that was what I came to think of when I was looking at them since I was quite peckish at the time.....



The Dunlins (Myrsnipe) were showing of quite well today, and I managed to take a few OK pictures of them. I never get tired of watching these small waders. Hopefully they stay in the delta since we will start the ringing-season next week, and Dunlins are one of the target-species this year.



The Ringed Plovers (Sandlo) are increasing in number, and there are now more than ten in the delta. This carismatic little bird is not too common up here, but I usually manage to find one when I feel like watching restless birds.





Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar