lørdag 12. november 2011

Andaman Islands, Day 13, October 24th, 2011

Jungle Resort, Havelock Island

As the day of our departure from Havelock arrived, I came to the conclusion that I would make it an easy day, and not run around after birds. Instead I let the birds come to me, and I got to say goodbye to the regulars. It was nice to get to see the Greater Racket-tailed Drongo (Dragedrongo) and the Andaman Drongo (Andamandrongo) again before I left, and especially the Greater Racket-tailed gave great views. Only too bad that the camera was packed down in its bag.

Jetty, Village #1, Havelock Island

At home in Norway it is not really a big thing to come across a flock of crows, but when the taxi drove in to the jetty there was a flock of five Large-billed Crows (Tykknebbkråke) looking for food in amongst the people. And when I was on my way onboard the catamaran, I had a look at the swiftlets that were flying around, and could finally tick of Glossy and Edible-nest Swiftlet (Glanssalangan og Reirsuppesalangan) on my list of birds.

Species list of the day

Jungle Resort, Havelock Island

·         White-throated Kingfisher (Kastanjeisfugl)

·         Asian Fairy Bluebird (Blåalvefugl)

·         Black-naped Oriole (Svartnakkepirol)

·         Greater Racket-tailed Drongo (Dragedrongo)

·         Andaman Drongo (Andamandrongo)

·         Brown Shrike (Brunvarsler)

·         Red-whiskered Bulbul (Rødørebylbyl)

·         Oriental Magpie Robin (Orientskjæreskvett)

Jetty, Village #1, Havelock Island

·         Edible Nest Swiftlet (Reirsuppesalangan)

·         Glossy Swiftlet (Glanssalangan)

·         Large-billed Crow (Tykknebbkråke)

·         House Sparrow (Gråspurv)

New species of the day: 2
Total number of species this far: 52

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar