torsdag 21. april 2011

The birds are back!

The last few days have been very nice. There are actually birds up here again! To be stood in strong wind, trying to avoid being sprayed by the waves that hit onto the icy shore, while trying to photograph feeding Kittiwakes (Krykkje) is something I have been waiting for. And when the first flock of more than 50 Common Eiders (Ærfugl) are present at the same site, together with two pairs of King Eider (Praktærfugl). Lots of BLack Guilemots (Teist) are feeding all over the fiord and Brünnick's Guillemots (Polarlomvi) and Glaucous Gulls (Polarmåke) are flying around wherever I look. In town the Snow Buntings (Snøspurv) have started to sing, and the gulls have finally figured out that my trap is a good feeding area. In addition to the birds we got a visit of a Whalruss (Hvalross) one of the days, and I am not the one to let an oppostunity to photograph such an animal pass me by. Al in all it seems like spring finally have arrived in Longyearbyen, and I am now just looking forward to see all of the coming migrants and welcome them up north!








































Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar