mandag 25. april 2011

Number 61!

Today was a cloudy day with light rain. But to get up early in the morning paid off! I first heard some strange sounds that I couldnt quite place at a specific bird, but after about 20 seconds a very familiar sound appeared. My bird-species number 61 on Svalbard! My colleague that stood next too me said it in a nice way: Thats the bird that makes lots of noice at my mother-in-law". It was an Oystercatcher (Tjeld) that had taken a wrong turn somewhere, and had ended up in Longyearbyen. When the bird came into view it was not difficult to see what species it was, even though it was long distance. It then disappeared, and I did not manage to find it again to get photos. But I didn manage to get better photos of one of the Mallards (Stokkand) that are around here. And I also got a photo of a Brünnick's Guillemot (Polarlomvi). The Glaucous Gulls (Polarmåke) has also started to really feast inside my trap, so I will probably start trapping them tomorow. This is when the fun starts!!! Keep following the blog for more updates soon!













Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar