tirsdag 27. mars 2012

March 27th 2012

I got a request after my last blog-post ofputting on some bird photos again, and here they are! These are far from my best photos ever, and it might not be the most spectacular species. But it is a species I like very much, and I have met this specific bird before! I am trying to see how the Glaucous Gulls (Polarmåke) react to being fed with bread up here, with the catching of gulls later in teh season in mind. And when a gull flew past me I threw out some pieces of bread, and within minutes I had three adult Glaucous Gulls feeding in front of me. The bird I catured with my camera is one of teh birds I ringed last year! It is now called JX017, and is the female from the pair that chased all other gulls away from my trap last year. It si the first gull-ring that has been read on Svalbard this year, but there will be many more when the birds just finally turn up in numbers.

JX017 landing for a meal of bread!


2 kommentarer:

  1. Har desverre ikke sett Polarmåke, sikkert artig å ha disse store måkene på nært hold.

    SvarSlett
  2. Polarmåkene er nesten store som svartbak, og er kanskje enda mer aggresive. De er hovedpredator når det gjelder fugler her oppe. Tøffe fugler!

    SvarSlett